Prospective Employees’ Personal Data Protection Policy
For RIST Hellas, the protection and security of your personal data is a priority. As part of the hiring process, the Company collects and processes personal data from its prospective associates. We assure you that all information pertaining to you is processed only for the purposes specifically stated in this policy.
Types of Data We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
- Your name, address and contact information, including your email address and phone number.
- Details about your qualifications, skills, work history and experience, higher education and professional credentials.
- Information about your right to work in Greece.
- Other information about you, which you provide by filling in forms or in communication with us (e.g. interviews, evaluations), either in person or by phone or by other means.
- Information that we collect from other sources, e.g. letters of recommendation from previous employers.
RIST Hellas may collect data in various ways. For example, data may be included in application forms, CVs, or cover letters, through interviews or other forms of evaluation. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as letters of recommendation from previous employers. Such data are stored in the Company’s IT systems (including email), and they are classified with access restricted to Human Resources Department staff.
Why RIST Hellas Processes Your Personal Data
Employer’s legitimate interest. Employers are entitled to collect and process personal data concerning prospective employees to the extent that such data collection is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job being applied for. The purpose is to evaluate and ascertain a candidate’s suitability to work for our Company.
Prospective employee’s consent. Your CV shall be stored in our database for six (6) months in view of immediate employment opportunities at the Company. If you so wish and you provide explicit consent for further retention, your CV may remain active in our database for a total of two (2) years. You may withdraw your consent freely at any time.
Who Has Access to the Data
Access to your CV and other prospective employees’ data is restricted to company executives authorized for this purpose and Management.
How RIST Hellas Protects Your Data
We take the security of your data very seriously. Processing of your data is carried out in a manner that safeguards confidentiality. RIST Hellas implements suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of data security against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all inappropriate forms of processing. The data you provide us are protected with appropriate information security techniques to ensure both safe data transfer through the internet and secure data storage in IT Systems.
How long RIST Hellas Retains Your Data
Your CV shall be stored in our database for six (6) months in view of immediate employment opportunities at the Company. If you so wish and you provide explicit consent for further retention, your CV may remain active in our database for a total of two (2) years. If it is ascertained that there shall be no job offer within the above time frame, or that such job offer is rejected by the candidate, your CV shall be destroyed in a safe and permanent manner.
If you are offered a position at our Company and you accept it, the necessary personal data shall be transmitted by the Company’s Human Resources Department to its Accounting Department. As an employee at our Company, you will be informed about the duration of retention of your personal data in a special Annex to your employment contract.
As a data subject, you have certain rights. Your rights, pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation), are the following:
- Right to access your personal data that are processed by us.
- Right to rectification of incomplete or inaccurate data retained by RIST Hellas.
- Right to erasure of your personal data.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability of your personal data to you or to third parties. You can receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data, subject to legal conditions, to another controller, provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (only where processing is carried out by automated means for data that was provided to us with your consent or in execution of a contract).
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. RIST Hellas is entitled to not satisfy this right, if it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr), if you believe that your rights are being violated in any way (right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority).
For any additional information, as well as to exercise your rights as above, please contact us in writing by post to 27 Georgikis Scholis Avenue, 57001 Thessaloniki, or by email at [email protected]. As a rule, your request will be satisfied within one month from receipt. Information, all announcements, and any action undertaken pursuant to articles 15 through 22 and 34 GDPR are provided free of charge.
What Happens if You Do No Provide Your Personal Data
You have no legal or contractual obligation to provide your personal data during the hiring process. However, if you do not provide some of the above information, we may not be able to process your application.
Data Policy Review
This policy was most recently updated on 18 December 2020.
We hereby inform you that this policy may be revised from time to time. If we decide to revise our policy, we will inform you through notifications that will appear on our website.
For any questions or comments regarding this policy or our practices, feel free to contact us at [email protected].